The Daily Telegraph's Toby Harnden has made some predictions for 2008. You can read them here.
Toby has inspired me to make my own predictions (they are not necessarily preferences!):
- Democrat nominee: Hillary Clinton
- Democrat running mate: Bill Richardson
- Republican nominee: Rudy Giuliani
- GOP running mate: Tim Pawlenty
- Third party candidate?: Just one. An anti-Giuliani social conservative
- Ultimate winner: Hillary Clinton
- Senate: Four Democrat gains
- House: Twelve Democrat gains
- Number one issue identified by the exit polls: Security
- How many troops in Iraq at time of election: 115,000
I know it's very early in the cycle but what do you think?