It's taken a lot longer than planned but the successor to BritainAndAmerica.com will launch towards the end of August - just ahead of the Democrat Convention.
The new website will have two very related aims:
- To explore the nature of anti-Americanism and how America and America's friends might combat it;
- To advocate American engagement in the world - warning that 'a world without America' would be poorer, more dangerous and less just.
The website will be updated on a daily basis from its launch but at its heart will be a set of fifty briefings that will help students, journalists and all interested people explore America's place in the world. Briefings will examine:
- The United Nations as an alternative to US leadership;
- The strengths and weaknesses of popular strategies to tackle anti-Americanism;
- The role of global media organisations in interpreting American power;
- The contribution of US faith communities to the development of American foreign policy;
- The contribution of American R&D expenditure to global welfare.
We have lots of special features planned for the website's first month and are very excited about possibilities. We have one big problem, however. We are struggling to find a good name for the project. Now that you know the broad outline of the project we would greatly appreciate any good ideas in the thread below...